If you are interested in finding Registered Nursing schools in Lebanon IN or greater Indiana, then the article below will provide you with some useful insights on a career in Nursing. Finding the right Registered Nurse (or RN Program) can be a daunting task so it is best to be prepared. This article can assist you in finding the best Registered Nurse course from accredited schools and education providers.
In the USA, there is a shortage of Registered Nurses and as such, Nurses in Lebanon IN and Indiana are in high demand. Nurses play an important role in any modern day hospital, healthcare clinics and other medical facilities. Given significant advances in healthcare technology and life expectancy in recent years, there is strong demand for competent Registered Nurses in Lebanon IN or greater Indiana, undertaking relevant study and training is essential to prepare yourself for a career as an RN.
Do You Have to undertake specific study or complete a relevant course to become a RN Registered Nurse in Lebanon IN and Greater Indiana?
All states in the USA require nurses to pass the federal nursing examination, also known as the NCLEX RN exam. Once you have completed the exam, there is an ongoing commitment to renew your Registered Nurses licence. The ongoing renewal may require you to attend additional classes to continually develop your skills as well as being informed of the latest developments in the professional field of Nursing.
RN Schools in Indiana
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- MSN - Education (BSN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (RN Track)
- MSN - Informatics (BSN Track)
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- MS - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- BS - Nursing
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- DNP - BSN-to-DNP (CCNE-accredited)
- MBA - MSN-to-MBA Business Administration
- MSN - Care Coordination (CCNE-accredited)
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media
- Students who qualify may earn credits from relevant work, military service training, or life experience through Credit by Examination Program (CLEP)
- Offers 5 term start dates throughout the year
- Class sizes are small, with an average 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council or Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Medical Assisting - Associate
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
A college education is also a requirement prior to taking the certification exam to become a RN in Lebanon IN and wider Indiana. There are several options for further education including a three year diploma, an associate degree, bachelor or master degree. Undertaking relevant education will improve your career prospects and opportunities for advancement as a Registered Nurse. Education providers and other RN training facilities can also assist with your ongoing profession education and training requirements.
A Registered Nurse may also choose to advance their skills to earn a degree as a Nurse Practitioner. A Nurse Practitioner’s roles and responsibilities are similar to physicians which may includes diagnosis and writing of prescriptions.
NCLEX Exam in Lebanon IN and Greater Indiana – Study and Practice Questions
The National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX exam is a mandatory examination for the licensing of nurses in Indiana and the USA. It is a computerized adaptive testing based exam and is designed to compare your knowledge against a pre-determined benchmark.
Many schools offer classes and training to assist with your preparation for this exam. Providers in Lebanon IN and greater Indiana typical offer interactive classes and discussion of RN practice questions.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by Nursing Education and Training Courses in Lebanon IN and Greater Indiana
There are a number of subjects that a Registered Nurse will have to study once he or she decides to enroll in courses or undertake formal education. Students will learn the basics in healthcare, clinical and diagnosis procedures, first aid and administration procedures. The RN Program varies between Schools but there is availability for both part and full time study as well as online and on campus courses.
Like most medical related careers, having a strong medical or science background will benefit one’s learning in this field. The training courses available in Lebanon IN and greater Indiana may include the following:
- Medical Education
- Special Medical Terminology
Further detail on the subjects covered is available from the schools listed throughout this website.
Skills Necessary to be a Nurse in Lebanon IN and Greater Indiana
Working as a Registered Nurse in Lebanon IN and greater Indiana can be considered a rewarding career path, but a person must possess and meet some specific skills in order to succeed as a RN. Firstly, a nurse has to be patient and friendly when dealing with various patients’ needs. Secondly, being able to effectively support the physician and other healthcare personal is essential.
Another necessary trait for a RN is effective communication skills to enable excellent communication amongst doctors and patients, resulting in the best care for patients. If you possess the ability to multitask, work as part of a larger team and are sympathetic to the needs of patients, a career as a Registered Nurse may be for you!
The career of a Registered Nurse is a challenging one, but don’t worry, education and training providers will be able to teach you the skills detailed above to help you succeed.
How Much Does a Nurse in Lebanon IN and Greater Indiana Earn?
According the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the estimated mean annual wage for a Registered Nurse is $65,130. Given there is a shortage of nurses in Lebanon IN and greater Indiana, a career as a RN has a bright future.
Your area of specialization, years of experience and educational credentials (as mentioned previously, it is mandatory to pass the NCLEX RN Exam) are all a key factors in determining how much you, as a Registered Nurse can earn in Lebanon IN and greater Indiana. Having a strong work ethic, effectively supporting physicians and pro-actively tending to patient needs will speed up your advancement in your profession as well as your earning potential. Completing a course in a certified RN Program is a great way to start of your career in Nursing.
Typical Activities Involved In being a RN Registered Nurse in Lebanon IN and Greater Indiana
Registered Nurses offer assistance to doctors and tend to a patient’s needs. Nurse’s duties vary greatly depending on where they are working and what specialisation they have chosen to pursue. For example, nurses could choose to specialize in a particular demographic or a specific ailment. Some of the day to day duties performed by Registered Nurses may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients
- IV pushes
- Draw blood
- Perform treatment of wounds
- Administer medication
- Supervision of other healthcare professionals and patients
A RN Program will help prepare you for successfully mastering a career as a Registered Nurse. A Registered Nurse Certification allows you to perform your clinical duties with confidence and ensure the best outcome for patients. The relevant schools and training facilities in Lebanon IN and wider Indiana that offer relevant classes and training are listed throughout this website.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Registered Nurse in Lebanon IN and greater Indiana.