If you are interested in finding Registered Nursing schools in Brookhaven NY or greater New York, then the article below will provide you with some useful insights on a career in Nursing. Finding the right Registered Nurse (or RN Program) can be a daunting task so it is best to be prepared. This article can assist you in finding the best Registered Nurse course from accredited schools and education providers.
In the USA, there is a shortage of Registered Nurses and as such, Nurses in Brookhaven NY and New York are in high demand. Nurses play an important role in any modern day hospital, healthcare clinics and other medical facilities. Given significant advances in healthcare technology and life expectancy in recent years, there is strong demand for competent Registered Nurses in Brookhaven NY or greater New York, undertaking relevant study and training is essential to prepare yourself for a career as an RN.
Do You Have to undertake specific study or complete a relevant course to become a RN Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York?
All states in the USA require nurses to pass the federal nursing examination, also known as the NCLEX RN exam. Once you have completed the exam, there is an ongoing commitment to renew your Registered Nurses licence. The ongoing renewal may require you to attend additional classes to continually develop your skills as well as being informed of the latest developments in the professional field of Nursing.
RN Schools in New York
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Associate Degree in Nursing
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Certified Nurses Aide
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Over 450 Long Island companies have hired our graduates in the past year.
Hunter Business School was founded in 1972 for the purpose of providing quality career training through intensive and innovative programs. Hunter Business School’s mission is to provide students with the opportunity to receive a high quality education for the career best suited to their ability, interest and ambition. We are an educational environment characterized by high expectations and staffed by professionals who are knowledgeable, compassionate, creative, supportive and effective.
- Medical Assistant
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
- Nursing Administration - Master's
- Nursing Education - Master's
A college education is also a requirement prior to taking the certification exam to become a RN in Brookhaven NY and wider New York. There are several options for further education including a three year diploma, an associate degree, bachelor or master degree. Undertaking relevant education will improve your career prospects and opportunities for advancement as a Registered Nurse. Education providers and other RN training facilities can also assist with your ongoing profession education and training requirements.
A Registered Nurse may also choose to advance their skills to earn a degree as a Nurse Practitioner. A Nurse Practitioner’s roles and responsibilities are similar to physicians which may includes diagnosis and writing of prescriptions.
NCLEX Exam in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York – Study and Practice Questions
The National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX exam is a mandatory examination for the licensing of nurses in New York and the USA. It is a computerized adaptive testing based exam and is designed to compare your knowledge against a pre-determined benchmark.
Many schools offer classes and training to assist with your preparation for this exam. Providers in Brookhaven NY and greater New York typical offer interactive classes and discussion of RN practice questions.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by Nursing Education and Training Courses in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
There are a number of subjects that a Registered Nurse will have to study once he or she decides to enroll in courses or undertake formal education. Students will learn the basics in healthcare, clinical and diagnosis procedures, first aid and administration procedures. The RN Program varies between Schools but there is availability for both part and full time study as well as online and on campus courses.
Like most medical related careers, having a strong medical or science background will benefit one’s learning in this field. The training courses available in Brookhaven NY and greater New York may include the following:
- Medical Education
- Special Medical Terminology
Further detail on the subjects covered is available from the schools listed throughout this website.
Skills Necessary to be a Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Working as a Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and greater New York can be considered a rewarding career path, but a person must possess and meet some specific skills in order to succeed as a RN. Firstly, a nurse has to be patient and friendly when dealing with various patients’ needs. Secondly, being able to effectively support the physician and other healthcare personal is essential.
Another necessary trait for a RN is effective communication skills to enable excellent communication amongst doctors and patients, resulting in the best care for patients. If you possess the ability to multitask, work as part of a larger team and are sympathetic to the needs of patients, a career as a Registered Nurse may be for you!
The career of a Registered Nurse is a challenging one, but don’t worry, education and training providers will be able to teach you the skills detailed above to help you succeed.
How Much Does a Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York Earn?
According the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the estimated mean annual wage for a Registered Nurse is $65,130. Given there is a shortage of nurses in Brookhaven NY and greater New York, a career as a RN has a bright future.
Your area of specialization, years of experience and educational credentials (as mentioned previously, it is mandatory to pass the NCLEX RN Exam) are all a key factors in determining how much you, as a Registered Nurse can earn in Brookhaven NY and greater New York. Having a strong work ethic, effectively supporting physicians and pro-actively tending to patient needs will speed up your advancement in your profession as well as your earning potential. Completing a course in a certified RN Program is a great way to start of your career in Nursing.
Typical Activities Involved In being a RN Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Registered Nurses offer assistance to doctors and tend to a patient’s needs. Nurse’s duties vary greatly depending on where they are working and what specialisation they have chosen to pursue. For example, nurses could choose to specialize in a particular demographic or a specific ailment. Some of the day to day duties performed by Registered Nurses may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients
- IV pushes
- Draw blood
- Perform treatment of wounds
- Administer medication
- Supervision of other healthcare professionals and patients
A RN Program will help prepare you for successfully mastering a career as a Registered Nurse. A Registered Nurse Certification allows you to perform your clinical duties with confidence and ensure the best outcome for patients. The relevant schools and training facilities in Brookhaven NY and wider New York that offer relevant classes and training are listed throughout this website.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and greater New York.