If you are interested in finding Registered Nursing schools in Brookhaven NY or greater New York, then the article below will provide you with some useful insights on a career in Nursing. Finding the right Registered Nurse (or RN Program) can be a daunting task so it is best to be prepared. This article can assist you in finding the best Registered Nurse course from accredited schools and education providers.
In the USA, there is a shortage of Registered Nurses and as such, Nurses in Brookhaven NY and New York are in high demand. Nurses play an important role in any modern day hospital, healthcare clinics and other medical facilities. Given significant advances in healthcare technology and life expectancy in recent years, there is strong demand for competent Registered Nurses in Brookhaven NY or greater New York, undertaking relevant study and training is essential to prepare yourself for a career as an RN.
Do You Have to undertake specific study or complete a relevant course to become a RN Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York?
All states in the USA require nurses to pass the federal nursing examination, also known as the NCLEX RN exam. Once you have completed the exam, there is an ongoing commitment to renew your Registered Nurses licence. The ongoing renewal may require you to attend additional classes to continually develop your skills as well as being informed of the latest developments in the professional field of Nursing.
RN Schools in New York
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Nursing—RN-to-BSN, Master of Science in Nursing, and more.
- Experienced faculty members provide a practical knowledge of patient care, treatments, and research in the field of nursing.
- Courses designed to keep students up to date with the latest advances in medical technology.
- Online and on-campus programs have flexible schedules, designed for working professionals.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Associate Degree in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Certified Nurses Aide
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant
A college education is also a requirement prior to taking the certification exam to become a RN in Brookhaven NY and wider New York. There are several options for further education including a three year diploma, an associate degree, bachelor or master degree. Undertaking relevant education will improve your career prospects and opportunities for advancement as a Registered Nurse. Education providers and other RN training facilities can also assist with your ongoing profession education and training requirements.
A Registered Nurse may also choose to advance their skills to earn a degree as a Nurse Practitioner. A Nurse Practitioner’s roles and responsibilities are similar to physicians which may includes diagnosis and writing of prescriptions.
NCLEX Exam in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York – Study and Practice Questions
The National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX exam is a mandatory examination for the licensing of nurses in New York and the USA. It is a computerized adaptive testing based exam and is designed to compare your knowledge against a pre-determined benchmark.
Many schools offer classes and training to assist with your preparation for this exam. Providers in Brookhaven NY and greater New York typical offer interactive classes and discussion of RN practice questions.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by Nursing Education and Training Courses in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
There are a number of subjects that a Registered Nurse will have to study once he or she decides to enroll in courses or undertake formal education. Students will learn the basics in healthcare, clinical and diagnosis procedures, first aid and administration procedures. The RN Program varies between Schools but there is availability for both part and full time study as well as online and on campus courses.
Like most medical related careers, having a strong medical or science background will benefit one’s learning in this field. The training courses available in Brookhaven NY and greater New York may include the following:
- Medical Education
- Special Medical Terminology
Further detail on the subjects covered is available from the schools listed throughout this website.
Skills Necessary to be a Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Working as a Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and greater New York can be considered a rewarding career path, but a person must possess and meet some specific skills in order to succeed as a RN. Firstly, a nurse has to be patient and friendly when dealing with various patients’ needs. Secondly, being able to effectively support the physician and other healthcare personal is essential.
Another necessary trait for a RN is effective communication skills to enable excellent communication amongst doctors and patients, resulting in the best care for patients. If you possess the ability to multitask, work as part of a larger team and are sympathetic to the needs of patients, a career as a Registered Nurse may be for you!
The career of a Registered Nurse is a challenging one, but don’t worry, education and training providers will be able to teach you the skills detailed above to help you succeed.
How Much Does a Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York Earn?
According the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the estimated mean annual wage for a Registered Nurse is $65,130. Given there is a shortage of nurses in Brookhaven NY and greater New York, a career as a RN has a bright future.
Your area of specialization, years of experience and educational credentials (as mentioned previously, it is mandatory to pass the NCLEX RN Exam) are all a key factors in determining how much you, as a Registered Nurse can earn in Brookhaven NY and greater New York. Having a strong work ethic, effectively supporting physicians and pro-actively tending to patient needs will speed up your advancement in your profession as well as your earning potential. Completing a course in a certified RN Program is a great way to start of your career in Nursing.
Typical Activities Involved In being a RN Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Registered Nurses offer assistance to doctors and tend to a patient’s needs. Nurse’s duties vary greatly depending on where they are working and what specialisation they have chosen to pursue. For example, nurses could choose to specialize in a particular demographic or a specific ailment. Some of the day to day duties performed by Registered Nurses may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients
- IV pushes
- Draw blood
- Perform treatment of wounds
- Administer medication
- Supervision of other healthcare professionals and patients
A RN Program will help prepare you for successfully mastering a career as a Registered Nurse. A Registered Nurse Certification allows you to perform your clinical duties with confidence and ensure the best outcome for patients. The relevant schools and training facilities in Brookhaven NY and wider New York that offer relevant classes and training are listed throughout this website.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and greater New York.