If you are interested in finding Registered Nursing schools in Brookhaven NY or greater New York, then the article below will provide you with some useful insights on a career in Nursing. Finding the right Registered Nurse (or RN Program) can be a daunting task so it is best to be prepared. This article can assist you in finding the best Registered Nurse course from accredited schools and education providers.
In the USA, there is a shortage of Registered Nurses and as such, Nurses in Brookhaven NY and New York are in high demand. Nurses play an important role in any modern day hospital, healthcare clinics and other medical facilities. Given significant advances in healthcare technology and life expectancy in recent years, there is strong demand for competent Registered Nurses in Brookhaven NY or greater New York, undertaking relevant study and training is essential to prepare yourself for a career as an RN.
Do You Have to undertake specific study or complete a relevant course to become a RN Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York?
All states in the USA require nurses to pass the federal nursing examination, also known as the NCLEX RN exam. Once you have completed the exam, there is an ongoing commitment to renew your Registered Nurses licence. The ongoing renewal may require you to attend additional classes to continually develop your skills as well as being informed of the latest developments in the professional field of Nursing.
RN Schools in New York
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- And more...
- 70+ years of helping students start careers in Health Sciences, Business & Information Technology, Automotive, Skilled Trades, and more.
- This year, Lincoln schools around the country have made more than $15 million in scholarship funds available to qualified students.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media, and offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- Schools include Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England, with 30 campuses in 15 states across the U.S.
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Nursing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
A college education is also a requirement prior to taking the certification exam to become a RN in Brookhaven NY and wider New York. There are several options for further education including a three year diploma, an associate degree, bachelor or master degree. Undertaking relevant education will improve your career prospects and opportunities for advancement as a Registered Nurse. Education providers and other RN training facilities can also assist with your ongoing profession education and training requirements.
A Registered Nurse may also choose to advance their skills to earn a degree as a Nurse Practitioner. A Nurse Practitioner’s roles and responsibilities are similar to physicians which may includes diagnosis and writing of prescriptions.
NCLEX Exam in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York – Study and Practice Questions
The National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX exam is a mandatory examination for the licensing of nurses in New York and the USA. It is a computerized adaptive testing based exam and is designed to compare your knowledge against a pre-determined benchmark.
Many schools offer classes and training to assist with your preparation for this exam. Providers in Brookhaven NY and greater New York typical offer interactive classes and discussion of RN practice questions.
Academic Subjects That Are Covered by Nursing Education and Training Courses in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
There are a number of subjects that a Registered Nurse will have to study once he or she decides to enroll in courses or undertake formal education. Students will learn the basics in healthcare, clinical and diagnosis procedures, first aid and administration procedures. The RN Program varies between Schools but there is availability for both part and full time study as well as online and on campus courses.
Like most medical related careers, having a strong medical or science background will benefit one’s learning in this field. The training courses available in Brookhaven NY and greater New York may include the following:
- Medical Education
- Special Medical Terminology
Further detail on the subjects covered is available from the schools listed throughout this website.
Skills Necessary to be a Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Working as a Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and greater New York can be considered a rewarding career path, but a person must possess and meet some specific skills in order to succeed as a RN. Firstly, a nurse has to be patient and friendly when dealing with various patients’ needs. Secondly, being able to effectively support the physician and other healthcare personal is essential.
Another necessary trait for a RN is effective communication skills to enable excellent communication amongst doctors and patients, resulting in the best care for patients. If you possess the ability to multitask, work as part of a larger team and are sympathetic to the needs of patients, a career as a Registered Nurse may be for you!
The career of a Registered Nurse is a challenging one, but don’t worry, education and training providers will be able to teach you the skills detailed above to help you succeed.
How Much Does a Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York Earn?
According the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the estimated mean annual wage for a Registered Nurse is $65,130. Given there is a shortage of nurses in Brookhaven NY and greater New York, a career as a RN has a bright future.
Your area of specialization, years of experience and educational credentials (as mentioned previously, it is mandatory to pass the NCLEX RN Exam) are all a key factors in determining how much you, as a Registered Nurse can earn in Brookhaven NY and greater New York. Having a strong work ethic, effectively supporting physicians and pro-actively tending to patient needs will speed up your advancement in your profession as well as your earning potential. Completing a course in a certified RN Program is a great way to start of your career in Nursing.
Typical Activities Involved In being a RN Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Registered Nurses offer assistance to doctors and tend to a patient’s needs. Nurse’s duties vary greatly depending on where they are working and what specialisation they have chosen to pursue. For example, nurses could choose to specialize in a particular demographic or a specific ailment. Some of the day to day duties performed by Registered Nurses may include:
- Tending to the needs of patients
- IV pushes
- Draw blood
- Perform treatment of wounds
- Administer medication
- Supervision of other healthcare professionals and patients
A RN Program will help prepare you for successfully mastering a career as a Registered Nurse. A Registered Nurse Certification allows you to perform your clinical duties with confidence and ensure the best outcome for patients. The relevant schools and training facilities in Brookhaven NY and wider New York that offer relevant classes and training are listed throughout this website.
I hope that you found this article informative and that after reading it, you have a better idea of what is involved in becoming a Registered Nurse in Brookhaven NY and greater New York.